Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Decorating a Contact Paper Christmas Tree

I've had this idea in my head for a couple weeks now, but knew it would be a lot of work to put it together. The other day I finally took a couple hours to get going on it. I'm so glad it's done and being enjoyed!
Using green construction paper, I made a big Christmas tree, taping it into three sections. I then traced each section onto contact paper and cut it out. After taping the tree to the wall, I taped the contact paper over it, sticky side out. 

I then cut paper ornaments. I drew patterns and cut out bells, candles, bows, ornaments, stars, candy canes and gingerbread men. Whew!

We've done contact paper art work in the past, so Ty knew just what to do. He seemed excited to decorate his tree!

Putting a star on top. He also dumped all of the paper ornaments onto the floor, which I figured he would! I didn't go crazy trying to find a container with a place for each ornament because of that.

The next day he took off the star he had on top and replaced it with a gingerbread man. Sometimes you can pull the paper off without it ripping, which is nice.

His tree so far! He really tried to bunch as many ornaments into one section as he could!

2 comments:

  1. Clustering ornaments is what my kids love to do on the REAL Christmas tree!
    You always come up with such great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Ty did a lot of that on our real tree the other day too. :)

    ReplyDelete