Monday, December 5, 2011

Rainy Day Jumping Pit


Tyler has been such a little kangaroo lately! He can't stop jumping, and jumping off of things has been a favorite past-time for a while, so we made him this pit to jump into to get his energy out the other day when we couldn't get outdoors. We used the couch cushions and every blanket and pillow in the house to make it, then put his cushy alphabet mats on both sides of it in case he somehow fell off. We pushed the couch/ottoman and chair up against it on both sides for jumping off and away he went!

We brought out stuffed animals after a while, but this old squishy/squeaky Santa (which was mine as a kid) was all he really wanted. He loved setting it up then aiming for it as he jumped, making it squeak as he landed on it.

I realized that he really wanted more height, so I pulled up a chair for him. I think he would have been much happier if we turned the living room chair around so he could jump off of the back of it, but I didn't think of it until it was too late. Next time!

While my husband and I jumped in too from time to time, after a while he wanted us to jump alongside him. Fun!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like he had a lot of fun!

    I think the one positive about the boys being sick is they haven't gone stir crazy with all this rain!

    ReplyDelete