Sunday, June 6, 2021

Take Classes with me on Outschool! Plus, free $20 coupon for new families.

 

Hello, my dear followers! πŸ’— It seems like forever since Tyler was a toddler and I was writing activity posts for you! Tyler is now 11, I became a licensed mental health professional years ago, and am currently starting on a journey that has made me brilliantly happy...teaching on the international platform, Outschool!

Outschool has been a DREAM for me in that I can use my boundless creativity to create classes that I'm passionate about and love teaching, all with my own flexible schedule that lets me stay home with Tyler (who also takes classes)! Plus, of course, teaching children is something that makes my heart sing. Meeting and teaching students what I love from all over the world has been simply amazing. I would love to continue our parenting journey together and teach your beautiful children.  

Here you can find my profile and classes on Outschool. You can check out my ratings/reviews, see the current classes I'm teaching, and message me with class or time requests, or questions. I have a huge list of class ideas that I'm excited about, so subscribe to my teacher profile to find out what I'm teaching next! I currently have several one-time, ongoing weekly classes and camps based on focus/impulse control and relaxation skills, as well as a book club, a "nerdy knowledge" club for brainiacs, a plant show-and-tell for botanist kids, and a fun science experiment! There's so much more to come, especially for teens.  

If you're new to Outschool, you can try it out for free! As of today (they may end this deal eventually), this link will take you to Outschool where you'll obtain $20 in free classes when you sign-up and use the coupon within 30 days. No strings attached! There's never a subscription fee for Outschool. You don't even have to take my classes to get this deal. In addition, if you'd like 50% off of your first class with me, message me on Outschool and mention my blog and I'll refund you after you enroll! 

Here are some of my current classes!






My Outschool "Resume"

πŸ’œ Hello! I love learning and growing, and have a true passion for teaching and passing along what I know to children and teens. I've been doing it in various ways for over two decades! Outschool is the perfect way for me to do exactly what I love most.

πŸ’™ I'm teaching classes around all aspects of mental health, from fun and engaging classes around impulse control, coping skills, growth-mindset, and self-esteem, to informative and interesting classes around mental health, to safe clubs for children with different diagnoses. πŸ’š I will also be teaching classes and clubs around my own special interests and hobbies, and engaging children in fun learning activities that I've used in my decades of work with children. These topics will include Gardening, STEAM activities, local (to me) Virginia History, and Creative Writing. πŸ’› I graduated college with dual four year degrees in Psychology and English, Creative Writing, also completing the Honor's Program. I am currently licensed in the state of Virginia as a Qualified Mental Health Professional with children. 🧑 I have most recently worked to support virtual public school learners in my home, providing before and after care with fun, educational STEAM and Reading activities. ❤️ For eight years, I was both an Intensive In-home and TDT Counselor in public schools, supporting youth with severe behavioral challenges, anxiety, depression, ADHD, etc. πŸ’œ I successfully home-schooled my son. πŸ’™ I was a business owner and teacher of a Montessori-inspired preschool and have an internationally read blog on Montessori-inspired activities, featured in a book and many websites. πŸ’š In my earlier years, I worked as a beloved nanny for several families, and also as a daycare and wrap-around Kindergarten teacher. I loved creating educational activities for children! πŸ’› I have a wealth of experience with children who are Autistic, have ADHD, and/or Tourette Syndrome, so I have a vast amount of knowledge and experience with kids who are beautifully different. All are welcome! 🧑 I love making positive connections with the children I teach. I believe that learning should be fun and I hope that I will inspire in my students a further curiosity about themselves, the world and people around them. I believe that learning is life-long and extends beyond the usual classroom. Many of the classes I teach are what I wish could be included in every public school child's education for the development of a mentally healthy and well-rounded youth! ❤️ In my spare time, I love hiking, vegetable and herb gardening, exploring new places, yoga, board games, art, reading, and acts of kindness. I love cooking but am terrible at baking! I have a kitty, Kennedy, who is 18.5 years old, which is 90 in human years! I've lived in four states and thirteen towns and cities -- I enjoy meeting new people and exploring different areas. My biggest dream is to somehow become terribly wealthy, travel the world, meet and learn from people from all different cultures!


Also, because I know many may be curious, here are a few photos of me and Tyler now, and what Tyler has been up to! 

Me and Ty "back in the day" 

Now....

                                                            


The last four years, Tyler has been intensely into veggie gardening! He has done so much research and has a tremendous green thumb. This Spring, he even created his own business and sold over 100 beautiful veggie and herb plants in our community! We have a rented garden space on a farm, as well as a huge container garden on our balcony. It's so fun and relaxing!







Tyler has become obsessed with different kinds of "Rubik's" cubes and can solve anything you give him very quickly! He's still that "Math Wiz" he was when he was a toddler. He works really hard to improve his times, and you can see him below in his Speed Cubing club with Outschool having a blast! His personal best for the regular 3x3 cube is 12.832 seconds! 

Here he is reciting 134 digits of Pi while solving a cube in 33 seconds. 😲






Tyler has enjoyed running since he was early elementary school age and started 5K's when he was nine years old. This year, his first year of middle school, he made the track team! He ran distance events like I did when I was in school. He does very well and loves getting out there for a good run! 
 



                                    

Tyler has been taking horseback riding lessons for almost a year, and really enjoys his time on the horse! He also loves being at the farm, hanging out with all the animals. It's his happy place! Tyler is a huge animal-lover, so we go to the local zoo a lot, where they work on conservation and taking animals that can't be released into the wild. We also hiked with llamas in February for his half birthday, which was a really cool experience! 



Overall, Tyler and I are doing really well and are so thankful for all of our beautiful experiences and learning thus far in life. I appreciate you catching up with us. Let me know if there's anything I can do as a teacher on Outschool for your children! 🧑


All the best! 
Jen 

πŸŒŽπŸ’“πŸŒπŸ˜€πŸŒ





No comments:

Post a Comment