Monday, February 6, 2012

Chocolate Play Dough

I owe this post to The Imagination Tree blog! We have been due to make new play dough and I knew the instant that I saw this recipe on their site that this would be it. We had everything on hand (well, except for the vegetable oil I discovered...thanks to my friend and neighbor Mandy for saving me on that one) and we were actually playing with it in less than ten minutes.


Chocolate Play Dough
2 c flour
1 c salt
1/2 c cocoa powder
2 T cream of tarter
2 T vegetable oil
2 c boiling water

Combine dry ingredients in a bowl
Stir in vegetable oil and mix thoroughly
Stir in boiling water
Knead the dough until it loses its stickiness

Words can't explain how amazing this dough smells. It was the perfect consistency as well!

Ty was a bit tempted to eat the dough, but thanks to his texture/eating quirks he didn't. He was sweet enough to let his giraffe friend have a taste though!

He thought that making chocolate worms was quite funny!

I know what you may be thinking here (gross!), but if you smelled this stuff the thought wouldn't even cross your mind!

Making chocolate waffles has been his favorite, though he also really thought that we should pop them in the toaster oven, heehee.

This has definitely been our favorite recipe so far!

2 comments:

  1. Cute! We made some last week and it has been a huge hit around here too. My husband couldn't resist tasting it. lol. Such a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was quite temped myself! My husband said that it smelled just like brownie mix. I'm not so sure that he didn't have a nibble one day when he and Ty were playing with it and I was in the shower... :)

    ReplyDelete